Wednesday, April 20, 2011

choices

Some people think I am selfish... That I've made a bad decision and I'm a bad person for making that decision. Well here's how I feel about it... There is no way a selfish or bad person would choose to be the sole care-taker of 4 kids, to be the only adult responsible for these girls 24/7. Even when they are not with me I am making sure they get ready on time and get where they need to go. I make sure they have everything they need, clothes, shower, homework, etc.... I make sure they get to school everyday, their activities every night and that their social life is not hampered by this change in their life. In the midst of all of that I have to maintain a strong front. I can't show the world how hard it is, how overwhelmed I am to be the only adult in the house... I'm used to being the main decision maker and care provider, but not the ONLY one. So to those who may think me selfish, I made this decision purely out of love for my girls and the desire for their lives to be better. I know that it is the right decision because even with all of the added stress, my girls are happier and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment